Search the forum,

Discuss Distance From Flue Terminal to a Chimney? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there!

I'm studying on my gas engineer course at the moment and I'm immersing myself into the world of Flues. Looking at the distance tables I can't see anything about how far away a flue terminal has to be from a chimney that's connected to an open fire. Is the chimney just generally regarded as an 'opening'?

Anyone out there have any conclusive answer to this question?

Thanks in advance

Mike :D

I would have to look back at the books but the distance will change depending on the orientation of the flue to the chimney. Above, below, beside, facing etc. Im not sure if I am permitted by forum rules to post that information on the open forum. The information you require should be in your study material. Why dont you ask your tutor? I would consider a chimney another flue. Unless it presents a large brick surface in which case the measurements with regards to flues facing a wall may come in to play or if the fire was gas and terminated at a ridge terminal I am pretty sure the regs stipulate distance to ridgetile vents specifically. Give your material another good read over and not just the tables. Decide what you think it should be and why, then approach your course peers and tutor with your query and your understanding. If it is not entirely correct I am sure they will let you know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Distance From Flue Terminal to a Chimney? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a mixed-use development with a ground floor commercial unit and residential above. To keep with the style, a 'fake' window has been installed to the rear of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Morning all, I am just about to begin doing more installs of combi boilers, I am gas safe but just never really done a lot of installs due to being busy with general plumbing and bathrooms. One question that i have is, when checking working pressure on a boiler with a zero governor what sort...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock