Discuss Do any Gas Fitters use Part P electrics? Assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does he prove he is capable of wiring downstream of spur ? is spur fed with correct size cable etc. is spur capable of taking what is being wired into it, is the wiring to that pump on a 20 yr old system capeable of taking that 15/60 you have just put in without testing it. is it in a kitchen or a bathroom ? changin 240 v controls in there ?

Downstream means after spur.

i know bud its a ballache innit but thats the regs. when you notify boiler through gassafe they want location if its kit or bath and they want to do inspection they will want part p cert. ad who get the **** wen it goes **** up ??? deffo alll a ballache

Everyone can get a bit paranoid about the wiring of heating but if we are honest and as we all know, most sparks know as much about heating as we do the 17th edition.
It is an overlapping part of the trade. We know our bit and they know the technical stuff of why.
Heating runs on less than 2 amp so cable size is irrelevant. Who cares about voltage drop and Zd's, it is also irrelevant in this case.
Heating is like plugging a lamp in. Anyone can do it but if you need a spur unless the board has trip switches you "alledgedly" need an rcd spur.#
It depends where and for who you are working and will never change.

not paranoid, and agree bout sparks but it is sad fact that is how it is what happens when sh*t hits ? a spur should be able to take max load. dis agree that its like pluggin lamp in otherwise sparks coild do it. :)

its getting to the stage where we will be paying more money to line other peoples pockets just before we can go to work :59: . My mate is a sparks for over 40 years and has wired everything and has refused to keep doing these upgrades every few years, Cant say I blame him

i know bud its a ballache innit but thats the regs. when you notify boiler through gassafe they want location if its kit or bath and they want to do inspection they will want part p cert. ad who get the **** wen it goes **** up ??? deffo alll a ballache

Nonsense, I had an inspection last year to a boiler install in a bathroom, not a word mentioned. It's none of their business who did the electrics and it's beyond their remit to query it.

part p is nonsense,ask your sparky.just another money making scam aimed at them on the fridges of the trade

haven't read all the posts but why dont you think about doing part p defined scope which will cover you for the scope of work you may be working in, interlock, fuse spur wiring inc bathroom lighting etc. not necessary to to do full scope electrics. I have part p defined scope but if things get tricky like the other guys say we get an electrician in :)

part p defined doesnt cost the earth either, your talking 500 quid max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do any Gas Fitters use Part P electrics? Assistance required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock