Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need a new Soil Pipe Vent in the roof? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am installing a new toilet into my en-suite bathroom (there isn't one there currently). There is an existing soil pipe under the floor that I can connect to but it is not vented and is currently just used for the shower waste.

There is a toilet on the other side of my house that does have a vented soil pipe.

I have a septic tank in the garden and both soil pipes ultimately feed into that same tank. They meet together outside my backdoor and then there is a single pipe that feeds into the septic tank.

Do I need to extend the soil pipe where i am fitting the toilet the roof so that its vented or can I just fit an AAV?

Last edited:

Reply to Do I need a new Soil Pipe Vent in the roof? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock