Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Do I need Air Admittance Valve?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonjack

Hi

I did find quite few threads on this already here but not one that answered my question.

I have a 2 story-semi with 2 existing upstairs toilets currently discharging into a singe exterior vented stack.

I am fitting a new WC in downstairs cloakroom and am intending to run the new waste into the base of the existing soil stack by using a triple socket branch.

Do I need an Air Admittance Valve in the downstairs cloakroom?

Also, is it acceptable to just join up the waste from the small basin I am installing in the cloakroom into the new waste from the toilet?

cheers

Yes will be fine to run a new toilet in to the stack without extra vent as it is already vented. Also fine to run basin waste into it aswell

it's only if you have a completely new soil run when you would need an aav. as plumber0808 said no need as you are joining to an existing vented stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do I need Air Admittance Valve?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock