Discuss Do Zone valves have to be added? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the customer cant afford the upgrades you cant install them

just install the your parts to current regs, e.g. BAND A BOILER

personally, i would turn this job down
1. its a land lord
2. their tight.
3, open vent can require some more experience
4, its a landlord.
5, you prob wont get paid

The landlord is saying he cant afford to have it zoned, but it has to be benchmarked and notified to the building authorities and if it is not zoned then its not up to current regs is it not?

you have just answered your own question, if you dont do it properly then you become another one of those cowboys the world likes to hit on. Walk away, you do have a reputation thats good ,I presume, and doing these jobs won't enhance it

I personally don't see an issue with it. As far as I've heard zoning is only a requirement on new systems anyway and if the customer doesn't want TRVs just make a note in the benchmark.

Is there a number for building regs where you can get it set in stone what happens in this situation, its best to know any way if the problem arises again. Thank you guys for all your help.

I personally don't see an issue with it. As far as I've heard zoning is only a requirement on new systems anyway and if the customer doesn't want TRVs just make a note in the benchmark.
This was discussed at length a few months ago.

The OP eventually got in touch with the relevant government department who advised that zoning is only required on new builds or where the complete system including piping is being replaced; and then only if cost effective.

See page 4, post #57.

Thats settled one argument but what about the bench mark and validating the boiler warranty if it does not comply with the benchmark.

Just write on benchmark that's what customer wants simple as that

thats my take on it all now if they dont want to pay for whats needed to bring it up to standard i do what they pay for and where it says does this system conform to standards i just put no no body reads it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do Zone valves have to be added? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock