Discuss Do Zone valves have to be added? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i mean i dont want him to try and pull any tricks because i have said it is not up to current standards and he wont get his warranty then he might claim the job is no good, you know what people like this are like, anything to get out of paying for the work that has been done, and to call me a joke is not the done thing to do now is it?

A joke? That's a bit harsh. Why should pete have to step in and be the part L police?
It's not your job to save the world single handedly. If the government cares that much about compliance they'd give us tax breaks for ensuring all our installs are energy efficient. As it is they've delegated that responsibility to us, stroked our egos and told us we're the front line in saving the planet and some of us have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

Pete, get the job done, make it clear on the benchmark you complied as mush as possible and get paid. Caring for the environment is all well and good but why must it be at the expense of your business?

No i mean i dont want him to try and pull any tricks because i have said it is not up to current standards and he wont get his warranty then he might claim the job is no good, you know what people like this are like, anything to get out of paying for the work that has been done, to call me a joke is not the done thing to do now is it?

I apologise I read it as you wanted to be underhand not to cover your back
Best of luck anyway

A joke? That's a bit harsh. Why should pete have to step in and be the part L police?
It's not your job to save the world single handedly. If the government cares that much about compliance they'd give us tax breaks for ensuring all our installs are energy efficient. As it is they've delegated that responsibility to us, stroked our egos and told us we're the front line in saving the planet and some of us have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

Pete, get the job done, make it clear on the benchmark you complied as mush as possible and get paid. Caring for the environment is all well and good but why must it be at the expense of your business?
I agree hybrid "A joke" was harsh from someone who's normal position is more akin to yours. However even he cant match your twaddle above, who's talking about saving the world single handed ? They do, its called - VAT at 5% for energy saving measures. Why would a government (elected by you) not expect heating professionals to take responsibility for advising customers of their duties under the Law when having controls installed, who else would you suggest is suitable for that role ??? What have I fallen for hook & line ? the fact that we are all living on the same plant as one another & how is it at the expense of your business ? It is only because there are people like you who are willing to carry out installs without complying that there is an opportunity for a cost difference.

I agree hybrid "A joke" was harsh from someone who's normal position is more akin to yours. However even he cant match your twaddle above, who's talking about saving the world single handed ? They do, its called - VAT at 5% for energy saving measures. Why would a government (elected by you) not expect heating professionals to take responsibility for advising customers of their duties under the Law when having controls installed, who else would you suggest is suitable for that role ??? What have I fallen for hook & line ? the fact that we are all living on the same plant as one another & how is it at the expense of your business ? It is only because there are people like you who are willing to carry out installs without complying that there is an opportunity for a cost difference.

A customer can't spend what it doesn't have. So pete should refuse the work on the basis of his conscience? Decent tradesmen for those who can afford to comply to the regs and cowboys for those who can't. Nice.
Pete has advised the customer that they need upgraded controls, that's where his responsibility begins and ends.

I won't decline work because the customer doesn't care about the planet. Suggesting that I should is unbelievably sanctimonious
It would be at the expense of my business if I declined to quote for a job because the customer won't or can't comply with the regs.

I only care about the non-safety related regs as far as I am being paid, if being pragmatic makes me a cowboy then so be it. The warm glow coming off my halo won't heat my home this winter but money earned through hard work will.

I would not refuse the work. If you explain yourself and the position well you tend to get somewhere but not always. If a landlord is a cheapskate then put it in writting that they have declined the controls etc and that they know they wont be getting a building compliance notice and the boiler warrantee may be void.

As professionals we need to take the responsibility on our shoulders to try and stick to the requirements as a min, normally its going to be to the benifit of the customer in the long run and the planet. That said you cant always win and as long as you have explained things correctly and given it a push i cant fault anybody for not turning down work.

Landlords are the main problem, cant afford a few controls........ yeh right!

Last edited:
Ha Ha sorry guys, its a fully pumped system that go's to open vent , it has a main he A heat only installed
Do you mean fully pumped heating and hot water?

The landlord is saying he can't afford to have it zoned
Have what zoned - heating or hot water?

If heating - don't bother, it's not compulsory on boiler replacements.
If hot water - sorry, but it's a definite requirement and you won't get a certificate if not done. It's only a motorized valve, cylinder stat and some wiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do Zone valves have to be added? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock