Search the forum,

Discuss Does this look fair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

IMG_2304.jpgIMG_2310.jpg

Does this quote look fair to you guys labour and materials?

As I am not qualified and having less experience then you guys could you tell me that sounds alright to the above installation.

Removing old solar system ( solar panels already disconnected and put on side on roof )
removing ( if possible ) old pipework from solar system
removing old boiler and change wi Worcester Bosch
removing megaflop and change old boiler to combination boiler

Just wondering if those prices are relatively fair?
It looks to me quite fair but would like to double check with you guys.

Some advise would be much appreciated
kind regards
ronny

IMG_2417.jpgIMG_2418.jpgIMG_2419.jpgIMG_2420.jpgIMG_2421.jpg

Very reasonable if VAT included in materials price and zero on labour. Even with VAT added to above, prices not exorbitant, but could warrant a second quote.

Hi Matchless.plumb, Yes I think the estimate is very fair my friend. My personal preference is the Worcester boiler. But we all have different opinions. good luck.

I was thinking it sounds fair especially with removing some solar panels. I just wanted to double check as I am not qualified just yet but willing to do the job with him.

He also gave me a second quote without removing the solar panels. Changing the conventional boiler to a system boiler and leave the megaflo.
The price given is
labour £960
material:
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18i System
Weather Compensation Controller Cylinder Kit
Standard horizontal flue
Magnetic filter
Outstanding hydraulic material
Total: £1237

Vaillant ecotec 618
Vaillant vSmart Controller Cylinder Kit
£ 245.00
NTC Sensor
£ 30.30
Standard horizontal flue
£ 72.00
Magnetic filter
£ 88.00
£ 100.00

Total £1487

Atag iS 18
ATAG ONE Controller Cylinder Kit
£ 342.00
Standard horizontal flue
£ 73.20
Magnetic filter
£ 88.00
£ 100.00
Total £1551

Thank you guys for your opinion it was a massive help to me much appreciated.

Thumbs up

View attachment 29210View attachment 29211

Does this quote look fair to you guys labour and materials?

As I am not qualified and having less experience then you guys could you tell me that sounds alright to the above installation.

Removing old solar system ( solar panels already disconnected and put on side on roof )
removing ( if possible ) old pipework from solar system
removing old boiler and change wi Worcester Bosch
removing megaflop and change old boiler to combination boiler

Just wondering if those prices are relatively fair?
It looks to me quite fair but would like to double check with you guys.

Some advise would be much appreciated
kind regards
ronny

View attachment 29212View attachment 29213View attachment 29214View attachment 29215View attachment 29216
That is a large unvented cylinder. What size house is it?

My mate advised him to go for the Atag boiler iC35 with weather compensator, has got life time heat exchanger warranty

Very very reasonable qoutes there , also hes given a good selection of options which is good for the customer instead of pushing a certain make n model ,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does this look fair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock