Discuss Drain Unblocker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I poured some Bullet drain cleaner down a customers kitchen sink today - probably around 100ml - and it erupted like a volcano and discoloured the metallic sink :/

Is there anyway to combat this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412619220.572731.jpg

RUN as fast as you can in opposite direction Jay lol

Not sure mate ,

RUN as fast as you can in opposite direction Jay lol

Not sure mate ,

Hahaha noted!!!

It's fine on the ceramic sinks but ruins the metallic ones.

Just wondered if anyone else has encountered the same issue?

It looks like its stained for good (its strong stuff)
some advice when using this stuff or any drain cleaner make sure you can tell any one below in same house or flat below what you are doing as if it leaks out of pipe and comes through ceiling it could burn / injure persons or even a child or worse a baby.

I mean the sinks marked Jay but you could try turps or some cleaners as you wont make it worse , second that it might, the good thing is the stainless sinks arent expensive,

I might stick to oneshot - I used it on my sink at home and it didn't explode like this.. Like Croppie said, I'll only do it once ;)

Pop the washing up bowl back in there, collect your cash and walk quickly back to van. Never look back!

Bet you a pound to a penny that the customer didn`t tell you or denied putting another chemical down before you did mate. That`s 2 chemicals reacting!

Bet you a pound to a penny that the customer didn`t tell you or denied putting another chemical down before you did mate. That`s 2 chemicals reacting!

You know, I didn't even think of that!!! It's a good possibility

Can`t remember when but a housewife once suffered burns to her face by trying a different unblocker when the first one didn`t work since I read that I always ask first. I`ve had latex gloves melt before and that`s when I get really narked with the customer.

Can`t remember when but a housewife once suffered burns to her face by trying a different unblocker when the first one didn`t work since I read that I always ask first. I`ve had latex gloves melt before and that`s when I get really narked with the customer.

I'll be asking from now on!! Cheers RPM

I've got a snake I use and drain rods but never really had a bad blockage, worst ones I deal with is urinals and they are cut out and either replace new or bang on floor inside a bin bag and replace old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain Unblocker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock