Search the forum,

Discuss Draining and hot water system via radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiffter

I want to drain my entire heating and hot water system to change an indirect hot water cylinder and change some piping as well. The boiler is a nightmare to work on as there is no drain cock or any other means of draining the water out of the system other than releasing the lock nut under or above the water pump. Can i drain the system by letting the water out via the radiators as well as using the drain cock on the hot water cylinder?
many thanks in advance.

If you have a small rad that is easy to get to, isolate the rad valves, take off the rad, attach a hose pipe to a valve then open the valve & drain it from there. When its drained stick the hose on the other valve & open that too. When its all drained replace a valve for a valve with a drain off point.
The quickest way to drain a cylinder is to isolate the cold feed to the CWS tank, open hot taps to drain the CWS tank, take out the top tapping of the cylinder, drop in a 3foot length of 15mm copper tube with a hose attached, then lift the pipe up an inch from the bottom of the cylinder, put a pipe clip on to stop it dropping back down then take your hose to the nearest drain & suck on it....it'll syphon out in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draining and hot water system via radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock