Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton TRV3 Radiator valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dranny

Hi, I have moved into a new house with Drayton TRV3 thermostatic radiator valves fitted throughout but the majority of them don't seem to be working, even if the valve is set to be off the radiator is still on at max heat. The house has loft conversion and the only place the valves do seem to work is in the attic room. I did try buying a replacement but the new 'out of the box' valve is just the same, Any ideas?

Have you tried taking the head off one of the TRVs and checked that the Pin moves freely?

Just checked, no it's not moving, does that mean it needs replacing? Or is there a way of fixing it?

If its not moving you can try some WD40 and a slight tap with a hammer a few times to try and free the pin up. Don't yank on it though as they can come off and you'll have water everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton TRV3 Radiator valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock