Discuss Dripping tundish after service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gibberz

We had our boiler serviced on friday. The whole system is only a year old. As part of the service the plumber drained and recharged our expansion tank with a foot pump. He did this because bi mentioned the pressure had been slowly dropping on the gauge. Since then the tundish has had a slow drip and I am worried about using the heating until I know what's causing the issue. I have tried to contact the plumber but had no response yet. Just wondered if someone could help as to what could be causing the drip.
Many thanks

maybe he over pressurised the expansion vessel, or maybe the pressure relief valve or expansion vessel is just knackered

Thanks for the reply. Yes he did open the valve and drained the water from the expansion vessel before re pressurising

Sorry I may be getting confused as not too savi with the boiler. He didn't actually touch anything on the boiler when he rr charged the vessel. He went upstairs to the water tank and drained the water from the expansion vessel and filled the air gap with a foot pump. Before he came the pressure gauge on the expansion read about 1.4 bar. He said it didn't need to be that high so reset it tp 1.2. Hope that helps
Thanks

We are in a new build and had to have a new expansion vessel fitted about six months ago as the first one was recalled so they fitted a new brand. So I'm hoping that's not knackered. The drip wasn't there before the vessel was recharged.

Welcome to the forum ! It looks to me that you are trying to fix your problem to me

I haven't touched the boiler myself as wouldn't have a clue who to start. I am trying to get some advice as I have read that the leak is part of a safety device so could be dangerous. I can't get a response from the plumber who did the service as it's Sunday. I am worried to use the heating until I know its safe

Can you take a picture of the cylinder showing the tundish and the safety valves that are piped into it?

Then we can advise you properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping tundish after service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock