Discuss Dual Fuel Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

siocox

Hi All

I have a Baxi 105 for central heating and water, I have just fitted a Rayburn 480kb and want to use the rayburn for heating and have the baxi as a back up. I also want to carry on using the baxi for hot water.

The rayburn can be used with either an open or sealed central heating system.

I have had all sorts of different advice, some say it can't be done others say it can, I want to know what is the best way and to keep it simple

It may sound odd but I have a very cheap source of heating oil.

Cheers

I did one a while ago, oil boiler, wood burner and cylinder, I used a H2panel from heating innovations, self regulating to use the heat from which ever if wood burner gives enough heat then it bypasses the boiler, if wood burner is only ticking over then will divert round to the boiler to bring it up to temp. and in the summer miss it all and only feed the cylinder!

hi i have oil central heating and have just added a stove boiler to the system.the plumber added a pump to the pipe work for the stove.when i have the oil on the two pumps are running at the same time is this the way it should be working.also when the heating is on the expansion tank in the attic seems to be overflowing all the time is that normal.i have no idea how this is supposed to work

thanks

I would have thought its best NOT to run both together? For this reason and also why burn two sets of fuel when one will do suffice.

hi i have oil central heating and have just added a stove boiler to the system.the plumber added a pump to the pipe work for the stove.when i have the oil on the two pumps are running at the same time is this the way it should be working.also when the heating is on the expansion tank in the attic seems to be overflowing all the time is that normal.i have no idea how this is supposed to work

thanks

Get somebody to do it right as its not at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual Fuel Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock