Discuss Dual Fuel towel rail installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RichardA

Hi,

I've just installed a dual fuel towel rail. I've been led to believe that the heating element should be on the flow pipe. When I installed the rail, I didn't know which pipe was flow/return (don't ask - it's a long story!). Turns out I've put the heating element on the return.

I can't think of any reason why the element should be on the flow. Especially because it shouldn't be used unless the CH is off. Can anyone enlighten me.

Many thanks.

Richard

Will work either way , but best to go by MIs

it will be fine but what has bugged me is should valves be shut off to stop heat dissipating down pipework everyone I asked seems to think so BTW I fit to either flow or return whichever is easiest use a straight danfoss TRV with angled manual valve into element tee have done dozens no problems yet..brum

Brum/Kris,

Thanks. I couldn't see why it wouldn't work. I wonder why it's recommended to be fitted on flow? C'est la vie!

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual Fuel towel rail installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel radiator and fitting it as a dual fuel, with pipes coming out of the wall. I've been advised to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible...
Replies
Views
I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as...
Replies
Views
I have had no end of trouble recently fitting a heated towel rail. First problem is tightening the fittings so that it is tight in the correct...
Replies
Views
Hi all, please could anyone help me with the following issue im having. I will start off with listing the scenario in case it helps. Boiler -...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock