Search the forum,

Discuss DVLA - missing sections on photo card. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Don`t know if this has been discussed before or not.

Had to renew the driving licence, it came back today and the motorcycle section is missing!
Just fired off an email telling them so.

Yeh thats right as you need seperate license for the bike so its the same with everyones , they shouldve had a pic of a 50cc

There was a spate of this happening a few years ago when people applied for a photo card and the new one came back missing motorcycle entitlement, as your straight on the case it should be no problem but I did read that a good number of folk had to re take their test because they did not question it within a certain time frame

Last edited:
There was a spate of this happening a few years ago when people applied for a photo card and the new one came back missing motorcycle entitlement, as your straight on the the it should be no problem but I did read that a good number of folk had to re take their test because they did not question it within a certain time frame

Yeah heard about this. Even a trucker who lost their hgv section, hopefully I'll be ok

I was chatting with a lady at Glastonbury about this she had motorcycles HGV and all sorts of heavy plant machinery on her license and because of her age (26) The DVLA thought it must've been a mistake in the first instance and wiped them all off her license. She said it took about 6 months to sort. Idiots

Received a nice email this morning - Sorry our mistake and new card will be sent soon. Can`t complain at that.

Yeah heard about this. Even a trucker who lost their hgv section, hopefully I'll be ok

And a police motorcyclist who couldn`t work due to their error, bet he got ribbed about that from his workmates!

I was chatting with a lady at Glastonbury about this she had motorcycles HGV and all sorts of heavy plant machinery on her license and because of her age (26) The DVLA thought it must've been a mistake in the first instance and wiped them all off her license. She said it took about 6 months to sort. Idiots

Is that your chat up line mate? lol

I remember that....he was told by dvla that he had NEVER had the entitlement .....
He pointed out he was the senior police motorcycle TRAINING supervisor and had done it for 20 years.
Dvla still said NO then Police commissioner got involved.
there was a lot in the past getting done badly ...think it was during their big corporate super computer "upgrade"
I got mine upgraded but still have old one.....just incase ;)

I passed my motorcycle test in 1977 and car test in 81. Ten years later Mr Baggy goes red and I'm looking at a years ban. Served the ban but never bothered to apply for the return of my licence until 2010, imagine my surprise when a provisional licence turned up.
Complained to DVLA who responded that their records showed that was all I was entitled to and no matter who I spoke to I couldn't get them to change their minds.
Gave up in the end and re-took my test but I've lost all other grandfather rights. Thinking of redoing CBT to get back on a bike. Rocket three takes my fancy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DVLA - missing sections on photo card. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned of the ”heating“ on the Drayton box and turned thermostat to zero but obviously had to keep the hot water on as I do every summer but I noticed the...
Replies
Views
G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no problems but straight after the service I had a leak from the boiler which when the service engineer came back told me I needed a new condensate trap...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock