Discuss ectotec F28 intermittent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrem

hi currently working on an ecotec plus 824 combi. have 24mbar pressure at the gas valve and a new pcb on the boiler. the boiler fires and works on central heating and fires on hot water. however after a while when the boiler tries to fire again it locks out on f28 I am getting the correct voltage at the gas valve. This all leads to the gas valve however its the irregularity i cant understand. There is a spark on all occasions. Any ideas before I try a new gas valve? :cry_smile:

:welcome: to the forum andrem :) We're in an open forum available to any Tom, Dick or Henrietta.....!! That brings with it a limit to what can be discussed here IMHO...... The obligatory 1st question is 'are you GSR?' :)

that was the standing pressure on the GV inlet obviously without the boiler running was just stating that so you know there is gas present at the valve

if you speak to vailant they should have a resistance for the gas valve to prove its good or bad

that was the standing pressure on the GV inlet obviously without the boiler running was just stating that so you know there is gas present at the valve

a standing pressure tells you very little, there could be a blockage the standing pressure will still be the same.
whats the working pressure?

that was standing Steve. One thing i would add is that this boiler has been in and working perfectely for 4 years and the working pressure is well bellow what it should be. What are the long term effects of a boiler running with a low gas pressure?

What checks you done so far andrem? Remember this is open so general will do :) Ivy outside in flue, condensate blocked ... that sort of thing?

that was standing Steve. One thing i would add is that this boiler has been in and working perfectely for 4 years and the working pressure is well bellow what it should be. What are the long term effects of a boiler running with a low gas pressure?

WP is different to gas rate! WP can be pretty low but the gas rate okay. Speak to Vaillant :)

Hi Diamond checked both of those first. checked the voltage to the Valve was low and due to irregular working changed the PCB. When the boiler works the analyser shows correct ratio etc

hi not checked as of yet. Since the board was replaced and the boiler left working perfectly on all functions this morning . But since I have left the job the boiler has started playing up again. I will check when I go back. Hence the original question if its not the gas valve .. where else can i look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ectotec F28 intermittent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock