Search the forum,

Discuss Electric boiler and woodburner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, have a quick question, currently living in a two bed listed cottage that's heated by a wood burner with back boiler with that I heat with an emmersion hot water cylinder and a vented tank in the loft.

The wood burner keeps up with the heating demand in winter, but really cracks through the wood and needs to be run all day, so was wondering if its possible to install an electric boiler for the central heating to warm the place in the morning before the missus gets up and then tick over/warm before we get home from work and can light the woodburner?

I know electric is going to be very expensive, but even if I can get planning for an external oil boiler its looking like a 15k install cost.

Any thoughts? Ta.

H2 panel will do what you want but you will need someone who knows what they're doing to make it work properly and safely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric boiler and woodburner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled electrically as well as via a push switch on the pump body. I'm using this pump with a wood boiler stove, where I want to run the pump at its slowest...
Replies
Views
Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder over Winter? I have a 30 litre Hyco Electric Boiler Powerflow for hot water. Only used for domestic hot water (not general heating as have electric underfloor matts) It is for an annex, gets occasional use in winter. Product literature says...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock