Discuss Electricians in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copperdave

hi everyone
I am posting this in frustration of bloody electricians, i am getting to the stage that i won't work when they are in the vicinity. was on a job the other day and electrician went absolutely daft on my pipe run - said it was going to interfere with his wire run this happens almost every time - i was first so my run rules is what i say, they then pig back to customer saying the plumber is going to cost you money - I can't win. Other runs the clients have come to me saying the electrician said this and that and it has to be re-routed. Yesterday i drilled joists from A to b of my run and the bloody sparky said "Thanks mate you saved me the job, hope you were not putting pipes in there" , this spark was an arse as he had client laughing at a joke, went something like this "what do you call an electrician with his brain removed? A PLUMBER". the last straw was this morning, fitting a shower (like for like) and the electrician (in front of customer) said " how do you know that cable is fine and rated correctly, you could be causing a time bomb" - i then overheard him speaking to client saying 'you gotta watch these '**** monkeys' the industry overcharges and under delivers"

I have been doing this for 1 years now and still to meet an electrician without attitude, ego and a ssense of humour.

anyone have the same issues or am i just rubbing these guys up the wrong way.

Chill Winston.....just chop a wire in a corner where you are not working and see how funny he thinks he is when he cant point the finger at you ,but its cost him an hour of his valuable time finding it........i get on quite well with our sparks and don't get the "i'm better than you" attitude so consider myself lucky. Oh and don't let him see you sniggering .

Ive drilled joists before, only to find wires through them on my return. Electrician wasnt impressed with all his cut wire on the floor. I didnt even pull it out, just went between each joist and cut the lot.

Customers are bright enough to realise that its far easier to route cables so pipes take priority.

Failing that its a quiet word in his ear, phrases like bell, pipe slice and castration are involved.

Electricians, they ain't wired up right!

Ive drilled joists before, only to find wires through them on my return. Electrician wasnt impressed with all his cut wire on the floor. I didnt even pull it out, just went between each joist and cut the lot.

Customers are bright enough to realise that its far easier to route cables so pipes take priority.

Failing that its a quiet word in his ear, phrases like bell, pipe slice and castration are involved.

Spot on....snip snip don't do it again!!

The other good one is screw the boards back down when your done, gives them something to do for a couple of extra mins.

The sparky I worked with in the conservatory this week actually , get ready , swept up , I was going to take a picture , didn't use a dust sheet though

I've said before I actually have a rare breed. A sparky who understands heating wiring and is a mate who enjoys a pint

firstly if your inside the joist drill zone/notch zone you can put your pipe where you like, if the sparks needs a space for a reason like spot light position or extract run then he/she needs to inform you before hand as your not a mind reader. ive yet to meet a sparks who understands drill zones and can run a cable route in a straight line tho.

as for atitiude its not being a sparks, its being a dix full stop. i would guess they would be the same whatever the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electricians in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock