Discuss End of pipe bleed valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

upf

Up in the loft, at the top of my heating system, I have a vertical 15mm pipe, with a bleed valve. It's an end cap with a thread on and a little brass cap with a hole screws over the top of it. Last night I overtightened it and ripped the little cap, giving myself a free shower. I have a couple of questions:

1) Are these a standard fitting? Can I just buy another and screw a new cap on top of the existing fitting or an I likely to need t solder a complete value on?

2) Any idea where I can get one? Is it the sort of thing B&Q would stock or do I need to go to a plumbers merchant?

Thanks.

Local plumbing merchant - much cheaper than B&Q for this sort of thing. You'll be sold the complete fitting but will only (usually) need to fit the screw part. In future, hand tight (if it doesn't leak) and maybe a little nip with pump pliers (if it does drip).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to End of pipe bleed valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock