Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Eon boiler grant upgrade extra costs in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've been approved for a new boiler on the scheme. My old Greenstar 28i Junior mark 3 has been great.
They're fitting a replacement Greenstar 30i.
However there's some high charges extra for a new flue, new brackets, flashing kit and other bits and bobs. This is around £300.
A few services ago the brackets were updated.
So I wondered if the flue etc needs changing at an approximate £300 cost, it's 11 years old or not?

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_185801.jpg
    IMG_20210224_185801.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210224_185813.jpg
    IMG_20210224_185813.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 16
Flue needs changing but if you have enough you can re use the brackets / clamps / clips

Reply to Eon boiler grant upgrade extra costs in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
I recently had a boiler grant. My Green star Junior was replaced with an Ideal C30. The installer did not install a spiral magnaclean etc until I...
Replies
Views
Hi, would welcome some advice/opinions please. I currently have a Remeha Avanta plus 28c (combi) which is 11 years old, still working in a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Cop26 has now come to a close and Glasgow is getting back to normality. But just how easy is it going to be to phase out fossil fuel boilers and...
Replies
Views
Hello, from South Devon. Firstly - I'm not a Gas Safe RGI. I'm considering my options to replace a 23 year old |Ideal Classic FanFare 50,000 kw...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock