Search the forum,

Discuss Experience in plumbing with no actual qualification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, i am looking for work. I have about 4 years experience in all kinds of plumbing but no actual qualifiction on paper so will be wantng to do my NVQ assesment. I am currently doing a multi skilled gas engineer course, which i have done the plumbing foundation with but i am looking for work in plumbing to run alongside doing the Gas course with the intention then to do NVQ asseements. Will also consider any voluntary work in plumbing and heating to gain experience. I am in the derbyshire area. Thanks for reading

Hi Bradwardo,

Welcome along, always great to hear people gaining new skills.

You’re in a bit of a tough spot like many IMHO. The big boys have quite rigid requirements for employee qualifications. A trainees wage is a big outgoing for the one man band/little guy especially given they couldn’t leave you to work unsupervised as their insurance would be invalidated and the HSE would string them up if anything went wrong.

Personally I’d be trying to identify the larger local firms. Especially those doing a lot of installation work.You might have to accept a labourers role to get a foot in the door. But be reliable, work hard and do good work and there is a good chance you will be recognised by the firm.

If you’re trying to sell yourself to a company try and work out what experience you already have that might be useful to them.

Good luck 👍👍

Reply to Experience in plumbing with no actual qualification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock