Discuss explain to me... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boreas

Only observing this forum to pick up more English terminology of this trade, however sometimes have no clue. You are talking about 'back boiler' or 'old back boiler'. Can somebody give me the short technical description? I am installation engineer, 30 years in the trade, likely I'll understand...

Back boiler is at the back of a fireplace - ie coal fire sometimes has a back boiler to heat water / central heating system.

Hi. A general description of a boiler /water jacket that is / can be fitted in a fire place and provide hot water via a flow and return pipe to a hot water cylinder. when a fire is being used. A lot were fitted in houses from the early sixties onward.

All clear now, thanks guys,
The Almighty and my refusal saved me in the past to make an installation of this and a common boiler, not to mention a good and safe control to it.
Thanks again, but funny to get an answer so fast, do not you have any troubleshooting job for today? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to explain to me... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock