Discuss Extension direction! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, I was hoping to find a place where I could some advice to what’s hopefully a straightforward question and this looks to be it :)

I have an Intergas combi boiler that has a horizontal extension via my outside wall and to the balcony, all in all about 5 meters in length. Due to some housework and the closing off of the space where this is, I need to change the direction of the flue and the best option seems for the extension to go:

Horizontally for about 2 metres, 90 degree bend and then an extension downwards of about 1.5 metres. Then we have 90 degree bend where the flue goes out horizontally again and into the balcony, here it makes a right turn and is pointing outside into the common area above the balcony wall. All in all it doesn’t reach the 10 metre or so max that I’ve read about, I also know the bends have to be taken into consideration as they add extra distance.

My question is, will this cause any blockages, be dangerous? It may not be common for it go down but is it safe and will it flow just as well as now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance.

Leave it to your gas safe engineer doing the work

Reply to Extension direction! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock