Search the forum,

Discuss Exterior wall wet around overflow pipe with photo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

As can be seen in photo, there appears to be leak from the overflow pipe on the wall. As the exterior wall is wet could the water be coming out from a leak before it reaches the end of the overflow pipe? Haven't seen any water coming out when flushing, seems to be happening overnight.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

IMG_1099 (2).jpg

Andy

Can you get the lid of the Toilet cistern.?
If so see if the level of water is close to the overflow outlet and / or pour some water into the cistern till it overflows and see if it comes out the pipe or the wall.

Post a picture of the inside of the cistern

The source of the water is likely the float valve in the toilet needs attention. Confirm this by taking the lid of the top of the cistern in the morning before the toilet has been flushed and see whether the water level is up to the overflow level.

The overflow pipe looks as though it has insufficient fall and also needs to be a bit longer. This is probably why the wall is getting wet. You can confirm this by getting someone to slowly poor a jug of water into the cistern until it just starts overflowing while you watch what happens outside.

many thanks snowhead and Chuck. Much appreciated! I've done as suggested and the water is definitely coming out of the overflow pipe and onto the wall. The water is coming over the overflow in the cistern and the water is dripping from the area shown in the first photo.

IMG_1107.JPG
IMG_1108.JPG

These valves are rubbish mate. I have stopped fitting them now. They always play up. Mid there space in the cistern for an Hydroflo brass bottom entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Exterior wall wet around overflow pipe with photo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock