Search the forum,

Discuss external air admittance vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sebastienj

Hi,

Can I use an external air admittance vent, such a floplast, inside. To me the inside and outside one are very similar except for the protection that outside one has around the vent.

Many thanks
Seb

If it's rated for outdoor use, then it will be fine indoors. Outdoor ones are designed not to freeze shut. But why spend the extra cash?

I have a spare one so that's why. Many thanks for the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to external air admittance vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is straight with a vent terminal on top. Another toilet on the ground floor empties through the suspended timber floor into (what I suspect) a drain. I wish...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
Hello - I have installed a garden sump-pump. In the photo you can see that I’ve replaced the Cloakroom-sink bend that previously went to the gulley with a Tee. Water in Sump vent hose now goes past the cloakroom outlet. Predictably the pump causes gurgling as it creates a partial vacuum going...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock