Discuss External exp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

Got one to fit tomorrow , boiler it's self is in a coal bunker under stairs but only accessible from outside , I'm not messing with the old one so am thinking of just teeing into return pipe on other side of wall which is still under stairs but accessible form inside.

whats your thoughts

Ive done the exact same thing, i just printed out a sticky label saying expansion vessel located inside.

putting it anywhere on the return would work does not matter if the old ones left in

I have done the same which was much cheaper tho been told to cap the old ones 2 I have done the rest unable to cap

ive used a radiator in the past just drained one in a room they never used and shut one side

Ive done shed loads much easier than taking the boiler off the wall

i normally try cap them but some i cant get fittings on them is there a yes or no to this

Won't make any difference if the old one is left. It will just be a volume of water. It might leak eventually tho.

Won't make any difference if the old one is left. It will just be a volume of water. It might leak eventually tho.

Cheers Tam, it appears the vessel on the boiler in my caravan is away, it's a Worcester junior 24 and apparently a pig to change so if it isn't under warranty I will fit an external one as it's in a cupboard, will check with Worcester what size I need, haha a wee bit of real work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External exp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock