Discuss Extra hw capacity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

Hello all just looking for some ideas in how to increase hot water storage .
In place is a normal 36 x 18 cylinder in a tight cuboard as usual , problem is the mixer shower it feeds runs out after 2.5 showers and there are 5 persons looking to shower in morning . i am not familiar with these quick heat recovery cylinders are they a good replacement in terms of getting the extra water , i think there quite expensive , other option is bigger normal cylinder but how big to go ? . Any other ideas welcome . Mark:)

Hi , In the short term why not fit a shower rose with smaller holes?

Cheers steve & justlead , its a mates shower and its run off an oil boiler ( HRM) normal y plan , your right steve so obvious double up , the reason i thought of a quick recovery was minimum pipe alterations in tight space, i did run it by him to think about oil combi . cheers

oil combi expensive.

cheapest option, get a larger cylinder in with fast recovery coil. dont order it from a merchant, they generally have no idea and you'll end up in hot water (crap joke)

Some of the more modern "eco" shower heads are designed to use less water yet still give a good showering experience. I would suggest you look at these. Will save money on heating too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Extra hw capacity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back