Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Facebook adverts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anybody used the facebook adverts?

Do they work very well?

How much does it cost? I cant seem to find anything apart from a daily limit but what will I get for that daily limit as it is very vague?

I've just done a simple page last week. Post some pics of jobs & forward page with friends who might share on.

There's a promote button & when you click it you get prices per day.

I don't pay but would be interested to know how it works.

There's like an area map the comes up too. I'm not sure if the page is forwarded to random people within the highlighted map area.

Also, a few of my friends have screwed around with comments like 'I've think I've seen you on rogue traders' etc.!! Just having a laugh but it's not funny, I've had to ask them remove the comments so again people can leave comments good & bad.

The problem with facebook (apart from almost everything about it) is that there are these community based buy/sell pages. I've had a facebook page for plumbing for years, got a handful of jobs from it.
Lately though, whenever someone needs a plumber on facebook they post it on one of these community sites.
There was an outside tap once, pushfit elbow outside had snapped (duh!) and created a nice water feature in the back yard. I commented on it to say how bad it was and how it should be done. Was going to offer a price when some handyman commented that he'd fix it for a tenner.
2 hours later there was a picture from the original poster of the same tap but with a new pushfit elbow on it and a comment along the lines of ''My new tap sorted by whatever-he-was-called handyman services, highly recommend!''
I bit my tongue and didn't tell them that I'd do it properly next time the temperature drops and it pops again.
That handyman charged a tenner to do a really bad job, he probably gets general public prices so I guess £2.50 for the elbow, fuel costs etc.. He was lucky if he made a pint out of it, not surprised he was 'highly recommended' ...

Anyway to cut a long story short - Google adwords will probably get you a lot more custom than Facebook. I once did a short guide on here about keywords which are really important to keep the costs down when using adwords. Have a looksee if you're interested.

The problem with facebook (apart from almost everything about it) is that there are these community based buy/sell pages. I've had a facebook page for plumbing for years, got a handful of jobs from it.
Lately though, whenever someone needs a plumber on facebook they post it on one of these community sites.
There was an outside tap once, pushfit elbow outside had snapped (duh!) and created a nice water feature in the back yard. I commented on it to say how bad it was and how it should be done. Was going to offer a price when some handyman commented that he'd fix it for a tenner.
2 hours later there was a picture from the original poster of the same tap but with a new pushfit elbow on it and a comment along the lines of ''My new tap sorted by whatever-he-was-called handyman services, highly recommend!''
I bit my tongue and didn't tell them that I'd do it properly next time the temperature drops and it pops again.
That handyman charged a tenner to do a really bad job, he probably gets general public prices so I guess £2.50 for the elbow, fuel costs etc.. He was lucky if he made a pint out of it, not surprised he was 'highly recommended' ...

Anyway to cut a long story short - Google adwords will probably get you a lot more custom than Facebook. I once did a short guide on here about keywords which are really important to keep the costs down when using adwords. Have a looksee if you're interested.
I get people tag me on the community pages but I don't follow them up, I like the post where I'm tagged but don't comment. Reason being is as above, I find most on these sites want it doing for next to nothing.

Yep i found exactly this its just full of the bob a job community doing stuff for a tenner,
Streetlife mate good little earner that one

There was a guy on there the other day who had a price to add an extra electrical socket and replace a light, £40!! still wanted it cheaper!!

Ive got a Facebook page where I post pictures of my work that's it, I dont try to gain work from it directly but a few customers have been on a looked at the pictures and liked a few,
I think its good for letting customers see your range of works before or after contracting you to do work and they can always point there friends to it easily enough but as for advertising i'd try gumtree £4.99 per post or add bump up

It's not so much on the sites where you do see all the things you mention, I believe it's an advert that comes up on people's feeds.

My thoughts are I've gained a few smaller jobs off Facebook (funnily enough off one of those sites) where someone asked if anyone knows someone and somebody posted about me and I got 4 calls off that one post.

I've got a lot of advertising going out in the next few weeks (parish mags etc but nothing in the short term so was thinking it may help a little.

I may set up a small budget and see how it goes for a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Facebook adverts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock