Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Facebook in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone use Facebook or have a Facebook page for their company??? Is it worth getting one set up??? Do you get new custards from it???

We get stacks of business via facebook, but like all of these things, you have to actively engage with it. No point in just setting up a page and never posting anything.

We get stacks of business via facebook, but like all of these things, you have to actively engage with it. No point in just setting up a page and never posting anything.
Very true indeed.. What sort of things do you post on there?

Very true indeed.. What sort of things do you post on there?

All sorts of stuff. Sometimes its clearly marketing material. Sometimes its stuff that might be of interest. Most of the time its just the usual nonsense you get on facebook.

I've got a Facebook page, I use it to post before and after photos of jobs. Those attract the most interest.
Downside, it's full of family and friends lol.

As above I've got a Facebook page which I mainly just post pictures to as I do work either small jobs or full bathrooms before and after work, I get about One new view a day but I've mainly got it so when I go to price a job I can mention it to the customer and they can see a range of work instead of just the really good nice looking jobs I've done that I use on my advertisement

Well I've just created a page.. Will start posting pics as I go on and see how it goes

Well I've just created a page.. Will start posting pics as I go on and see how it goes

The best thing to do is to take pictures of all of your completed work and then anything that looks good just post it to FB I've found customers like to see that you do a range of work, Not just looking at a fancy bathroom, Like when you see peoples adverts and they've blatantly just took pictures in the show room as nothings Piped up or the toilets got no pan connector or soil pipe

If you get a website a really good way to move it up google is to have "back links" these are vital, they are links to your site, google loves this.

All sorts of stuff. Sometimes its clearly marketing material. Sometimes its stuff that might be of interest. Most of the time its just the usual nonsense you get on facebook.

Like the images made in your coffee by a 'Barista', and of course what you are having for dinner.

Your cat who is 4 years old is now a great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother.

But it does work to a degree

i just use facebook to grab jobs I like the look of ie need a plumber for boiler repair, I just pm them my number direct with availability. All the others just seem to post their names on the page, numpties :)

i just use facebook to grab jobs I like the look of ie need a plumber for boiler repair, I just pm them my number direct with availability. All the others just seem to post their names on the page, numpties :)

You mean you actually get jobs for free and don't pay 3 grand for the privilege!
That fella from far up north won't be too pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Facebook in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock