Search the forum,

Discuss Faulty economy 7 immersion heater / elements ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aintgottaclue

Hi, A couple of weeks ago the bottom element on my immersion heater suddenly stopped working. I replaced this with a new one but it didn't work. The boost continued to work for a few days more then this decided to stop working. I have power to the control box, a Pactrol 7 as the led was working and the main and boost light indicators came on. I have now replaced the control box for a Horstman 7 economy quartz as well as the water heater switch as the red indicator light on this was not working. I hoped this would have solved everything but It hasn't. The elements still do not work. I have reset the thermostats by pressing the small black buttons and I am getting power to them but still not working. Does anyone have a clue as to what I can try next before I send for the calvary and get charged a fortune. We have been without hot water now for two weeks and were all starting to smell.

Many thanks

Rich

This is clearly a thermal store. I have PM'd you with my details. Regards,

Dan

I'm experiencing a very similar problem - both elements stopped working so replaced but still no good. The fuses haven't tripped on either circuit and could really do with a) some hot water and b) avoiding a call out charge this soon after xmas.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty economy 7 immersion heater / elements ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock