Currently reading:
Faulty Push-Fit Fittings !!!!

Discuss Faulty Push-Fit Fittings !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi Guys, did a full house referb 3-4 mths ago using a leading brand of push fit materials, had 2 leaks one on first fill up ('O' ring ) missing, not a problem just replaced it, 2nd leak was 3mths after job was finished, Pipe came out of fitting (Faulty grab ring) House owner says its my fault, reported to local rep, sent off parts for lab report, but he says that once fittings leave factory they cant be held responsible, house owner looking for refund for cost of repair/damage ! so who is at fault ? Factory, my supplier or me ??

Yes Ray use them quite a lot, but fittings didn't come from them, (Plumbase Plymouth)

Mick Pothecary, who used to manage Dougfields at Saltash is now running our Winchester branch. A bit nearer to Fratton park for those home games.

Back on topic, Plumbbase should be backing you up here. Which Polypipe rep are you arguing with?

im not sure plumbase will tho as I'm just down the road from them and in their few times a week ,get that impression that they don't help much with manufacturers.

( you opening a branch down this end ray)

I recently had a problem with a plastic insert that hadn't been finished properly and had no hole through it. We ended up using it without even looking to check. Phone call from customer and a LONG letter of complaint and although I didn't get compensation I was sent over £300 of free fittings.
The manufacturer did of course say it wasn't their responsibility but was a goodwill gesture.

Regarding the manufacturer not taking liability I did tell them I was prepared to engage a solicitor and contact Trading Standards.
As far as I'm concerned they are responsible for faulty fittings, whether they've left the factory or not, I'd like to see Toyota's solicitor in court telling a judge the dead people aren't our fault......the brakes aren't our responsibility once they leave the factory........They are if they're defective and not fit for purpose.

I recently had a problem with a plastic insert that hadn't been finished properly and had no hole through it. We ended up using it without even looking to check. Phone call from customer and a LONG letter of complaint and although I didn't get compensation I was sent over £300 of free fittings.
The manufacturer did of course say it wasn't their responsibility but was a goodwill gesture.

Regarding the manufacturer not taking liability I did tell them I was prepared to engage a solicitor and contact Trading Standards.
As far as I'm concerned they are responsible for faulty fittings, whether they've left the factory or not, I'd like to see Toyota's solicitor in court telling a judge the dead people aren't our fault......the brakes aren't our responsibility once they leave the factory........They are if they're defective and not fit for purpose.
Guess theyve never heard about the sales of goods act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Push-Fit Fittings !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back