Discuss Faulty Push-Fit Fittings !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Ray use them quite a lot, but fittings didn't come from them, (Plumbase Plymouth)

Mick Pothecary, who used to manage Dougfields at Saltash is now running our Winchester branch. A bit nearer to Fratton park for those home games.

Back on topic, Plumbbase should be backing you up here. Which Polypipe rep are you arguing with?

im not sure plumbase will tho as I'm just down the road from them and in their few times a week ,get that impression that they don't help much with manufacturers.

( you opening a branch down this end ray)

I recently had a problem with a plastic insert that hadn't been finished properly and had no hole through it. We ended up using it without even looking to check. Phone call from customer and a LONG letter of complaint and although I didn't get compensation I was sent over £300 of free fittings.
The manufacturer did of course say it wasn't their responsibility but was a goodwill gesture.

Regarding the manufacturer not taking liability I did tell them I was prepared to engage a solicitor and contact Trading Standards.
As far as I'm concerned they are responsible for faulty fittings, whether they've left the factory or not, I'd like to see Toyota's solicitor in court telling a judge the dead people aren't our fault......the brakes aren't our responsibility once they leave the factory........They are if they're defective and not fit for purpose.

I recently had a problem with a plastic insert that hadn't been finished properly and had no hole through it. We ended up using it without even looking to check. Phone call from customer and a LONG letter of complaint and although I didn't get compensation I was sent over £300 of free fittings.
The manufacturer did of course say it wasn't their responsibility but was a goodwill gesture.

Regarding the manufacturer not taking liability I did tell them I was prepared to engage a solicitor and contact Trading Standards.
As far as I'm concerned they are responsible for faulty fittings, whether they've left the factory or not, I'd like to see Toyota's solicitor in court telling a judge the dead people aren't our fault......the brakes aren't our responsibility once they leave the factory........They are if they're defective and not fit for purpose.
Guess theyve never heard about the sales of goods act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Push-Fit Fittings !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock