Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Faulty Room Thermostat: Replace with Digital, Analogue or not at all? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

potty

My house has a gas fired boiler with an old analogue room thermostat and radiators with thermostatic valves on. The house is left unoccupied for extended periods and to meet the terms of our insurance policy the house should be kept to a minimum of 8 Celsius (47 Fahrenheit).

We have recently found that the old analogue thermostat is faulty and the temperature instead of being at 47 as set is at 63. So the question is do we replace the room thermostat with a new digital one, an analogue or don't replace it at all and rely on the radiator thermostatic valves.

If we replace the thermostat I wish to find one that can be surface mounted over the location where the existing one is currently situated to save making a mess of the wall etc. Any recommendations or advice please?

i would just replace with another analogue thermostat.
oh and welcome to the forums.

The important thing is to get a thermostat with electronic temperature sensing instead of bi-metallic,that's what makes the stat more accurate,it's up to you if you want a dial type or a digital one. This selection shows the difference.

Horstmann HRT3 Room Thermostat [NU0670201003] - £12.77 : UK Plumbing, Online Shop

Danfoss Randall RET 230 Room Thermostat [087N700400] - £18.04 : UK Plumbing, Online Shop

Honeywell DT90E Digital Room Thermostat [DT90E1012] - £29.12 : UK Plumbing, Online Shop

If you are happy with your one setting analogue stat then replace with a similar model. If you would like a bit more programming control over the temperature pre-set for different times of day then look at digital programmable stat.

It depends whether your old one has been wired with a neutral , a digital one only needs 2 wires. Most analogue ones need a live a neutral and a switch live to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Room Thermostat: Replace with Digital, Analogue or not at all? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock