Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Faulty Tap from B&Q question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigstu

Hi, new to this forum and am by no means a plumber so please bear with me.
I’ve very recently had a new bathroom installed and its one I’m very happy with. Whilst I had the plumber in I thought I would take the opportunity to get my Kitchen sink and tap changed so went to B&Q and duly bought both a new stainless steel sink and mixer tap.
The plumber fixed both but I have found that when you turn the cold water tap off you still get some water flowing out of the nozzle for a few seconds afterwards which is annoying. Also the spout wobble’s slightly and the tap does not feel secure. The Plumber says there is nothing he can do to fix either problem and suggests I take it up with B&Q. What I want to know is will B&Q pay for a plumber to remove the tap and then fix a new one as I have already paid my plumber to do this so don’t think I should be made to pay for something which is clearly faulty.

the tap will need to clear the sout of water so this is natural

there is normally a screw at the back of the spout so make sure this is tight to stop the wobble

thanks for the reply. Its odd though that it doesn't happen with the hot water, only the cold and annoying to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Tap from B&Q question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock