Discuss Fernox TF1 filter - leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lummac

How good are these Fernox Tf1 filters, i'm now on my second one and just after 1 or 2 days they start leaking, not at the top but at the side - there were the round filter connects to the side, is there a way to tighting this or is this another faulty filter??

Its leaking at the swivel point not at the connections to the pipework, as you know this can be fitted in horizontal and vertical pipework, and the swivel point makes this possible, and its at this swivel point that its leaking - badly

Are you changing the inlet angle? if so remember to take the black o ring out of the centre of the inlet before you put the coloured ones in, I made that mistake once and complained to the rep who came out on site, when he took it apart Ive never felt like such a clampet in front of the custard, thankfully the rep blagged it a bit and didnt say that it was installation error in front of her but did sort it.

why did fernox build a filter that has to be supplied with several different rubbers depending on the angle most fitters want to take an item out of the box and fit it

I would say the TF1 and the Magnaclean are probably the better ones on the market, as in you can take them apart and show the customer exactly whats been caught. Personally I prefer the Magnaclean though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox TF1 filter - leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock