Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fernox Tf1 total filter reversed flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have to say with the greatest of respect I’d still be powerflushing and pressure testing someone else’s work. But if as said above he’s done none of the paperwork then why would he bother?
Yes, I was disappointed ... He only wanted the f3 in for 30 minutes but I got 24 hrs in the end because he had to leave to another job.. . Came back next day, dead on time, drained.... Not flushed or neutralised and dosed with f1..... We supplied all chemicals etc too...

Absolutely agree Riley, especially since he was fluxing inside fittings (flux in system) and system was stood for around 3 weeks unflushed so it needed a thorough scouring IMHO.

Why didn't you flush your pipework that's bad practice to let the flux sit like that

Honest opinion this install sounds like another classic example of lack of communication. Customer wants one thing and doesn’t say or fitter is a poor communicator and doesn’t explain why they are doing something. I pride myself on talking to my customers and thoroughly explaining why I’m doing something and why.

I know but didn't have the kit...

Mains flush would of been better than anything don't need any special kit for that and depending on install I don't power flush every install as it's not required

Honest opinion this install sounds like another classic example of lack of communication. Customer wants one thing and doesn’t say or fitter is a poor communicator and doesn’t explain why they are doing something. I pride myself on talking to my customers and thoroughly explaining why I’m doing something and why.
I communicated very very carefully that I needed boiler install, flushing, flue install and commissioning. I walked him round the house detailing pipe and rad routing/sizes etc, he was very happy and asked no questions other than where I wanted the filter.... Didn't quite get it properly behind the washer with best access but location was acceptable.... Just. I even marked up the wall with a rough plan..... Never got followed. He put gas feed as lowest pipe meaning hot output had to crossover..... I could go on and I'm sure if you had first hand view you'd agree it's a dogs breakfast but we're warm and it's recoverable but not without another spend....

I communicated very very carefully that I needed boiler install, flushing, flue install and commissioning. I walked him round the house detailing pipe and rad routing/sizes etc, he was very happy and asked no questions other than where I wanted the filter.. Didn't quite get it properly behind the washer with best access but location was acceptable.. Just. I even marked up the wall with a rough plan... Never got followed. He put gas feed as lowest pipe meaning hot output had to crossover... I could go on and I'm sure if you had first hand view you'd agree it's a dogs breakfast but we're warm and it's recoverable but not without another spend..
The intergas boiler is a dream.... Hardly know it's running and it's used £1.22 in gas over 4 days..... Awesome. Got it modulating on opentherm with weather comp. Super impressed. Hw delivery is best I've known, way better than our WB 24cdi in the last house.

But communication, good or bad is still communication. Plus it’s a two way thing. If you weren’t happy you should’ve told him. Considering two out of the four main points you asked of him he hasn’t done. This is why I argue he’s too cheap. When you’re rushing trying to get on to the next earner you don’t give all your care and attention. I’d rather charge a bit more and ensure my customer is happy.

But communication, good or bad is still communication. Plus it’s a two way thing. If you weren’t happy you should’ve told him. Considering two out of the four main points you asked of him he hasn’t done. This is why I argue he’s too cheap. When you’re rushing trying to get on to the next earner you don’t give all your care and attention. I’d rather charge a bit more and ensure my customer is happy.
No excuse but the reason my wife was stressing getting close to Christmas and cold weather meant I dropped my guard and was too soft just to get her happy and comfortable.... Still don't accept it was right of him to do such a bodge.... If he'd said he needed more time and more money I would have accepted that.... I made that clear to him from the outset. I said I was more interested in a good reliable job than price.... Don't know how I could have been clearer. I've been self employed with customers for many years (partly tv & video repairs) and always took pride and care over my work & customers. I do tend to make the mistake sometimes of assuming all trades are of the same mind..... I've learned.

No excuse but the reason my wife was stressing getting close to Christmas and cold weather meant I dropped my guard and was too soft just to get her happy and comfortable.. Still don't accept it was right of him to do such a bodge.. If he'd said he needed more time and more money I would have accepted that.. I made that clear to him from the outset. I said I was more interested in a good reliable job than price.. Don't know how I could have been clearer. I've been self employed with customers for many years (partly tv & video repairs) and always took pride and care over my work & customers. I do tend to make the mistake sometimes of assuming all trades are of the same mind... I've learned.
Not trades, contractors, don’t tarn us all

Reply to Fernox Tf1 total filter reversed flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock