Search the forum,

Discuss fga results in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
its no secret that i realy dont understand fga readings, yes i know the action levels and i can compare what ive got to the manufacturers recomendations
but im seeing condensing vaillants that chuff out 180 ppm co and old turbomax non condensers in the 30/50 ppm i thought the new ones were supposed to be better

its no secret that i realy dont understand fga readings, yes i know the action levels and i can compare what ive got to the manufacturers recomendations
but im seeing condensing vaillants that chuff out 180 ppm co and old turbomax non condensers in the 30/50 ppm i thought the new ones were supposed to be better

had a new vaillant with a vertical flue knocking out 130 ppm last week,today a 13 year old ideal classic at 37ppm

They belt out more co because the combustion is forced and cooled , older ones the combustion is at high temp and an abundance of air as it's negative pressure (combustion sucked out)?

Do an fga on a clean Myson Apollo bf. Co might not even register

Its the ratio between CO & CO2 which counts. These older appliances may have less CO but also less CO2 which results in similar ratio's.

it costs me to have a van thats low emissions and allowed in the lez and imfitting boilers that are worse than the old ones

But they're not. The CO reading from the Fga isn't the whole story. You need to look at the excess air as well. The total CO from the old BF boiler will possibly be higher. To get a true comparison you need to look at flue gas emissions versus gas burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fga results in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock