Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss fiddling the books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
as a self unemployed heating engineer do you think I can put my scuba diving gear through my books as tools? I admit that I have had the occasional leak but non have been that bad (yet).
Do any tax me read this

Its not that easy to take the ( removed) in a dive suit;)

Last edited by a moderator:
trouble is every time I try to get out of the sea, greenpeace are there trying to push me back in!!!!!!!!!!

Do you do any pool work, I reckon you could claim for "underwater inspection equipment". Got to be able to check the liner and drains without emptying the pool.

make sure you get a reciept for your lead boots then scrap them when job finished of make into fishing weights

five years ago i did a pool repair. the year before i had bought all my own scuba gear for sport use, i used my gear for the repair, put the hire of equipment down on my books, unimportant that i hired it from myself. 500 quid through my books no questions asked. dont know if that was luck but it went through no probs.
missus just pointed out it was in spain so it might be different rules.

shaun

Hi tonyn
If I wore lead boots in a pool, in no time at all I would probably be learning how to tile under water as well. also the church roofs arent safe enough around here, at the moment:rolleyes:

Hi Migoplumber
Glad to here of someone that has actually done it, so that is a positive. and surely because we are part of the EU now it should count here.
icon14.gif

Regards
Mike

I spent a day repairing pool lights in a customers luxurious pool. I had a great time. Its the only job I have ever felt guilty for Invoicing.

Pool lights 15 minutes, mucking about with my diving gear, 8 hours!!!! Result!!!

You can put any equipment "through the books" if you have justifiable business use for it. Bear in mind it is not your accountant you have to convince it is HMRC. If they decide to enquire into your affairs and they deem that you are pulling a fast one, the least you will get away with is a fine and interest on any tax theat may be due as well as the assessed tax they think you owe. Worst case could be taken to court for false accounting or fraud. Choice is yours.

One thing to always bear in mind now is that YOUR accountant is legally bound to inform the HMRC if they suspect you of witholding/falsifying information or generally not telling the truth, even though you are employing them to assist you. So beware of letting your accountant in on all your little secrets.

Ive always done me own self assessments so that could be a big problem!!
Time to get meself a fall guy, sorry I mean an accountant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fiddling the books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock