Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Firbird combi 90 limit reset problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vhooda

Hi,
I have a firebird combi 90 which needs limit reset button pressed after every couple of hrs of CH operation, the relay gets pulled in and boiler does not fire until limit reset is pressed, once limit reset pressed it starts perfectly, I also notice that turning ch temp thermostat down does not really make any diff to how hot the radiators are getting. Also expansion vessel seems very heavy thought still got air in it. Any ideas!!

Thanks

Needs a service and a look over by an oftec engineer :)
best advise you will get!

Best get on the phone quick if you wanted sorted before xmas!

serviced about a month back as only hot water was coming on and no ch, flow switch changed relay changed as light was not coming on. Fuel nozzle changed, worked fine for a couple of weeks

local oftec, known him for yrs, spoke to him, busy now but thinks a stat might need changing

You get an awful lot of problems... So its been poorly installed or poorly maintained.
From your previous threads you've had a play with the boiler yourself.

I will humbly say this, do get that engineer back, or get another in.

my educated guess is completely different to yours....

Love these easy fixes. Sounds like its not been maintained properly and just needs a bit of tlc. A boilers for life not just for cold weather.

yes, I am a tinkrer as evident from my past posts otherwise its just a case of lets change everything one by one and see... It always helps to guide my oftec guy in the right direction or ask some educated questions. Obviously some of you are more gifted then my guy and that knowledge comes in handy.
I didnt come to the forum to be told go get an engineer, I will still get him as I cant do any of this myself. It always helps to know your educated guesses...

yes, I am a tinkrer as evident from my past posts otherwise its just a case of lets change everything one by one and see... It always helps to guide my oftec guy in the right direction or ask some educated questions. Obviously some of you are more gifted then my guy and that knowledge comes in handy.
I didnt come to the forum to be told go get an engineer, I will still get him as I cant do any of this myself. It always helps to know your educated guesses...

You dont need to know, you just need to have confidence in the person you are paying to do the job. Obviously either you have no confidence in the engineer or he doesnt cut the mustard. Hence the get yourself an engineer.

If this had been a gas boiler this thread would have been closed.

The issue that comes up is that we don't know if you're being honest or not.
how can we?
We could be aiding in the demise of your loved ones.

get your oftec guy to sign up to the forum himself, he can prove his qualifications and competency and get all the help he needs from myself and the other members :)

The forum is a place to ask questions and in the majority of cases answers are given that would not endanger the people involved.

Your previous posts confirm you are not competent to be given the info you require. As a result there is an inherent danger in giving yourself that information.

Get a different engineer, if indeed you use one and put some trust in them to resolve your issues. Or spend the holidays resetting the high limit and potentially making the issue worse.

Saying that the forum is'nt the place it used to be is likely to get you sfa.

You need to get someone who knows about these boilers there is an early alert stat on these which is basically a pump overun that could have gone also there sre two check valves which if it overhests hsve a habit of melting and jamming them. Good luck

If this had been a gas boiler this thread would have been closed.

Yes it would've been. Might start adopting the same attitude here if you want us to?

Ok guys thanks, this forum is obviously not what it used to be.

As Steve is about to reply......

no you're quite right the forum is not what it used to be. it is much much better!

There you go! It's better because we are now more aware of the liabilities of advice given. As said previously, trust your oftec engineer. If you can't then find another one.

Any punters of mine who start telling me what I need to do to repair a boiler are told to repair it themselves if they know what they're doing! I get in my van and go home, no skin off my nose.

Well john, i think we have all seen the end result when people tinker with their oil boilers.
it seems because they don't view it as a risk of blowing up, its ok.

Ok guys thanks, this forum is obviously not what it used to be.

your right is isnt , changes have been made and I'm confident it's helped save life's , as the saying goes if you don't like it you know where the doors is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firbird combi 90 limit reset problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock