Discuss Firebird Oylympic photocell replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaegran

Got a Firebird Oylympic oil burner which goes straight to lockout when switched on. I suspect the photocell; question is - how exactly is it replaced?

regards
Kaegran

Firebird is the boiler. The burner will be a different make.is suspect a Riello R40. Pull the grey control box off after undoing the releasing screw. The photocell's under that. My money's on the control box rather than the photocell.

If you remove the photocell and replace the control box and fire the boiler, if it fires and then goes to lockout it is the photocell, otherwise as croppie says.

Thanks. It's a a Riello RBL 171t burner with 530 control box. Next question is how to remove the control box without breaking it - I've removed the screw on the left hand side; as far as I can tell the box needs to be lifted at the front and pulled out - is this correct? Or does it just pull straight out horizontally without being lifted? It seems very tight. regards Kaegran

It's very tight (Said the bishop to the actress, f'nar f'nar!) but it'll pull out horizontally. the photocell is attached directly to the box.

Thanks. It's a a Riello RBL 171t burner with 530 control box. Next question is how to remove the control box without breaking it - I've removed the screw on the left hand side; as far as I can tell the box needs to be lifted at the front and pulled out - is this correct? Or does it just pull straight out horizontally without being lifted? It seems very tight. regards Kaegran

There is a couple of bolts that hold the control box on! Easy to not see the second one! The photocell is easier to change! :smile:

mectron burner undo left hand screw pupp back an inch and lift rear of box and pull out, as croppie says photocell on end of box I presume it is an 530se box

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the control box is described its definetly off a mectron probably a G3 or 5. The olympic is quite an old boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird Oylympic photocell replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock