Discuss First fixing toilet waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a new build when First fixing the toilet waste for a close coupled toilet, on the first floor, so coming up through the floor boards in the center of where the toilet will be. Should it be brought up tight back to the wall? Will a bent pan connector reach far enough in to the room to reach the toilet? What can be done if not?

needs to be placed so wc will sit correctly and pan connector will fit into soil pipe, simple enough.

Allow 15mm for plasterboard and skim, core your hole in wood.

Its better being further back than too far forward.

Tip: if its too far back on 2nd fix for only a bent pan connector: put a straight pan connector in the bent with a piece of 4" between them. Jobs a good en!

You can get the dimensions of a lot of toilets by checking with the supplier & also perhaps online.
Some toilets vary a bit & annoyingly some need the soil pipe near to finished wall & others need it out a couple of inches.

Yes but the toilet won't be there to check with it begin the first fix

You need at least an inch and half away from wall to allow for the collar on the pan connector. If a bent won't reach then use a flexi. If bog wont go back to wall stick a batton behind cistern or box out. If its new build there will be drawings.....

Allow 15mm for plasterboard and skim, core your hole in wood.

Its better being further back than too far forward.

Tip: if its too far back on 2nd fix for only a bent pan connector: put a straight pan connector in the bent with a piece of 4" between them. Jobs a good en!

that will look nice!!, better to get some dimensions off a standard loo or for the one being installed to get it right.

tight to the wall then, you can always get long/flex pan conecctors

As said the only real way to do it is to talk to the customer or site agent and either get a pan on site or get the make and model and go on line for dimensions. No point in guessing it will only be wrong!

good idea to get any other sanitary ware you need while your at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First fixing toilet waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock