Search the forum,

Discuss first soldered joint. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe shmoe

Hi folks.

DIY'er here, with no previous experience.

I had a mixer-shower that I wanted to remove permanantly. It was being fed from T-peices that had been inserted into the main hot/cold water-pipes that fed the rest of the bathroom (sink/bath etc).

1) I didn't remove the T-peices, instead I capped the old shower-pipes a few inches from the T-peice as I felt more confident doing this. Will it be okay having a few inches/dead-end, or should I have removed the T-peices from the hot/cold bathroom supply and reverted them back into straight runs ?

2) My joints aren't leaking (it's been 24hours) so I feel very pleased that I managed to do this... ( thanks YouTube!!!). If my end-caps are not leaking by now, do you think its safe to say that they are done correctly and I shouldn't have any problems down the line ? I'm scared that they might pop-off while I'm at work. :(

3) I had some problems getting the pipe completely dry in order to solder the end-cap, but I guess I managed to do it as the joints seem to be water-tight?? I've seen on you-tube that peole stick bread inside the pipe to stop the water, which then goes on to disolve and come out the taps later. Does this really work as I was too worried to try it ?

Thanks for any words of advice.
joe.

1) a couple of inches wont make a difference
2) did you fully insert the pipe into the cap end, clean the joints and is there a clean run of solder around the fitting? if so then you can trust it as much as anyone can trust a soldered joint
3) yes the bread trick does work - dont see why you should of had to in your situation though, open downstairs taps as well as your open end should of seen it drain sufficient enough to solder matey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to first soldered joint. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock