Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fitting a bath to a tiled wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been asked to fit a bath in a bathroom thats been fully tiled.
Would you fit it? walk away? or say only if the tiles are cut and removed below the bath to give a standard setup?

Depends on the type of bath ? Just a stnd bath

Any joints roughly the height of the bath ?

No bath fitted
The walls have been tiled - they have just bought the house and it was half finish by the previous owner
Dont now where the tiles came from so not much chance of getting more

And what distance do you have tile to tile now? And what would you have if a tile either side was removed?
As I cant get any more tiles the only way I can see of doing it properly is set the bath height, offer it into place and mark the wall, cut a line and remove tiles to fit the bath.
If i damage one im in the Rubbish

You will never slot bath into place tho mate...
Say you had 1680mm tile to tile but you cut tile out each side and you have 1700mm you still wouldn't get 1700mm bath in it due to the angle of slotting bath in.

Best bet is bath made to fit or a 1500mm bath with infill

You will never slot bath into place tho mate...
Say you had 1680mm tile to tile but you cut tile out each side and you have 1700mm you still wouldn't get 1700mm bath in it due to the angle of slotting bath in.

Best bet is bath made to fit or a 1500mm bath with infill
Sorry, I understand what you mean now
Its around 1670 wide so would have to get a 1600 bath which would touch 2 walls.
Still a pain in the backside to cut tiles and fit it in.

Fix Batens directly on the tiled wall and sit a 1600mm bath in there box the end of the bath in, waterproof it with wedi board and cover with white plastic trim or similar. Kop

I would fit a bath direct to tiles, only if it's a bath though. If a showers going over it then walk away. Just adequately support it and inform the customer that if the wall isn't square, there's nothing you can do about it and they will have to make do with a bigger than normal silicone bead to fill the gap.

It’s changed from got no money just need a bathroom to wanting underfloor heating, move this and replace that, concealed shower, we will get the bits from the internet just need it fitted.

Reply to Fitting a bath to a tiled wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock