Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss fitting a hose to a 22mm inlet on a tank to fill a pond in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimmock

Hi,

I need a little bit of help. There is a tank (one that you'd find in an attic) sank into the ground in a community eco garden which has a 22mm inlet (it's to fill up a pond). We have run a plastic hose pipe from a water butt up the hill and I need some advice on how to connect the hose to the 22mm inlet? what's the best way?

Also the water butt is a solid plastic container with no holes in it. Whats the best way to connect a tap or something to it in order to draw the water from the butt?

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

thanks in advance!

Jimmock

Without trying to be funny, your best bet is to visit your local plumbing merchant or building supplies and ensure they have all the parts you need for the whole connection (both ends). If they don't have everything, you might well spend ages trying to fit something that's difficult to find.

Failing that, decide on the pipe (blue polyethelyne (or whatever it's called)) or normal 15mm hose pipe.

Then try the garden centre for the water butt end to the pipe and the plumbing merchant for the cistern end to the pipe.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else might have a much better answer!

so long as you can reach the bottom of the tank, i cant suggest anything better than knowitall!
if you cant reach bottom of tank, you will need an essex flange, but your merchant will advise you about that.
plenty of eco friendly silicone (if such a thing exists) around everything will help to stop drips!!

good luck
shaun

Am i correct in thinking that the water butt is at the bottom of the hill and the tank to be filled is a little further up?!... hows that going to work?
If the other way round, you can put the pipe you have run between the two to the bottom of your butt, and with a valve, maybe a gate valve attached to your pipe or hose give it a god suck!, this will begin a syphon of the butt that will fill your tank and the gate valve will allow you top stop the filling of the tank as required, as long as the butt is not ran dry the syphon will never break! good luck.

Have they started making water that runs up hill??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting a hose to a 22mm inlet on a tank to fill a pond in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock