Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Filter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to fit a filter to my open vented CH system. However I am struggling for space in which I can fit one. As my boiler is in a kitchen cupboard there is not enough access above it to fit one. The only place available is in the airing cupboard. There is a horizontal section of pipe which 130mm long and located after the combined F+E pipe, but before the motorised valve for the CH. I know that the Spirotech MB3 will fit horizontally in the space, but not sure how much they actually collect. Can someone confirm if they are any good or not?

I was also looking at the centramag (popular on this forum I believe), I would plan to fit using 2 90 degree elbows (I have pictures but it won't accpept the photobucket url). However I cannot find any info on the dimensions of the centramag to know if I can make it fit. Doesn't anyone have the technical dimensions. Also can someone confirm whether both ports can be used as the input and output?

Any suggestion are welcome. Thanks in advance for your help

Fit it on cylinder as this gets the most use. That's where I fit them as a last resort.

Spirotech are very well made.

basically fit and forget!

I mean forget you ever fitted it, as you won't ever get the filter back off.:32:

Thanks all for your reponses so far. Southcoastboile, I have not yet purchased a filter, wanted to see what will fit before I purchase something.

Chalked I am assume from your post that you are not a big fan of the MB3, I look the quality of it, but for some reason I would like to see what the filter is actually collecting and I like the idea of having a fill point, otherwise I think I would have gone for the MB3 by now.

Phoenix services, the space above the boiler is very limited, especially for magnet and lid removal making it ackward to empty. However I was looking at the magnaclean micro pro2 to fit in the same space I have in the airing cupboard. Cannot post an image though!

For magnaclean, I would come into the bottom inlet from the flow direction at that level (from right). Take the elbow on the left and rotate it 45 degrees up and point the top filter outlet down and meet them up. I think that would fit. However I think I like the quality of the centramag more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting Filter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm considering fitting an isolator valve to 15mm feed to my toliet cistern. It would require cutting off an existing compression fitting for a flex hose, after which I'd only be left with maybe an inch and a half of pipe. I've never fitted a compression fitting before, can someone...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock