Currently reading:
Fitting Heatrea Sadia Megaflo to vented sysyem

Discuss Fitting Heatrea Sadia Megaflo to vented sysyem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stuartmcb

I am about to replace the leaking indirect, vented hot tank in the domestic central heating system. I would like to fit a 125 Heatrea Sadia Megaflo tank in the non-pressurized system. The hot water supply is not pumped. Is this possible? Is a pump required? And if so where should it be fitted?
Two story house. Two pipe system. Pipe run from boiler to hot tank about 18m of 28/22mm copper piping.
Worcester oil fired boiler 75,000btu.

Stuart

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are wanting to fit an unvented cylinder and upgrade your gravity cylinder feeds to a pumped cylinder feed?

Could you not take the supply from the main going up to the CW storage cistern. The problem maybe getting a discharge out.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I want to replace the existing unvented cylinder with the Heatrea Sadia Megaflo tank which I have been given. The Heatrea Sadia site says that on indirect systems ‘the primary flow from the boiler MUST be pumped.’

Thanks for the quick reply.
I want to replace the existing unvented cylinder with the Heatrea Sadia Megaflo tank which I have been given. The Heatrea Sadia site says that on indirect systems ‘the primary flow from the boiler MUST be pumped.’

You have a few issues with what you are proposing.

1. It has to be installed by a G3 qualified engineer.
2. Your heating system needs an update to fully pumped.
3. You say you were given the cylinder? Were you also given all the safety equipment that go with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting Heatrea Sadia Megaflo to vented sysyem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock