Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fitting Heatrea Sadia Megaflo to vented sysyem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stuartmcb

I am about to replace the leaking indirect, vented hot tank in the domestic central heating system. I would like to fit a 125 Heatrea Sadia Megaflo tank in the non-pressurized system. The hot water supply is not pumped. Is this possible? Is a pump required? And if so where should it be fitted?
Two story house. Two pipe system. Pipe run from boiler to hot tank about 18m of 28/22mm copper piping.
Worcester oil fired boiler 75,000btu.

Stuart

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are wanting to fit an unvented cylinder and upgrade your gravity cylinder feeds to a pumped cylinder feed?

Could you not take the supply from the main going up to the CW storage cistern. The problem maybe getting a discharge out.

It may be more of a problem if the op hasn't got G3

Thanks for the quick reply.
I want to replace the existing unvented cylinder with the Heatrea Sadia Megaflo tank which I have been given. The Heatrea Sadia site says that on indirect systems ‘the primary flow from the boiler MUST be pumped.’

It also says you need suitable qualifications.

I've just got one of them pens for the iPad makes you super quick.

I'm moving this to the central heating forum so more people can ask if the op has his G3

Thanks for the quick reply.
I want to replace the existing unvented cylinder with the Heatrea Sadia Megaflo tank which I have been given. The Heatrea Sadia site says that on indirect systems ‘the primary flow from the boiler MUST be pumped.’

You have a few issues with what you are proposing.

1. It has to be installed by a G3 qualified engineer.
2. Your heating system needs an update to fully pumped.
3. You say you were given the cylinder? Were you also given all the safety equipment that go with it?

I was given everything except the boiler. Mate changing to 'solar water heating.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting Heatrea Sadia Megaflo to vented sysyem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock