Discuss Fitting of a plume kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

colshaws

Gas Engineer
Hi All
Hope someone can help, I have been asked to fit a new cooker hood that is to be vented to the outside and will come out directly opposite from the neighbours flue outlet which is approx 1000mm away , would this require a plume kit to divert the flue and if so does this need to be fitted by a GSR engineer, I have told the customer I am not happy to continue without advise, thanks.

Yes and yes it would need a gas safe eng to fit but depending on age of boiler they might not make one and then your in the poo, can't you vent the hood to a different place ???

Thanks for the reply, thought this would be the case, I cant vent hood elsewhere as it needs to go straight through the wall, will need to get the details of boiler and pass them onto a GSR .

Thanks for the reply, thought this would be the case, I cant vent hood elsewhere as it needs to go straight through the wall, will need to get the details of boiler and pass them onto a GSR .

I hope the neighbours are on good terms. I assume your customer will be paying for the flume kit (if available) to be fitted to neighbours boiler ?

I don't think there is anything in the instructions for ducted cooker hoods that says you can't fit where you want. And I can't find anything that says a flue over 600 mm away has to be moved.

Why not lift the extract hood up vertically on the outside with suitable ducting.

It'll be cheaper
It'll save hassle with the neighbour
And it will stop the nuisense of the extract discharge onto the neighbour's property.

Thanks for the suggestion , Ill run that past the customer. Customer has just sent me a very bad picture but looks like existing flue may be to close to the boundary so may be the neighbours problem, will check measurements tomorrow.

I don't think there is anything in the instructions for ducted cooker hoods that says you can't fit where you want. And I can't find anything that says a flue over 600 mm away has to be moved.

distance from opening/terminal across is 1200mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting of a plume kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock