Discuss Flexis to pipe up bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter than most flexis for baths say not suitable for drinking water I know most people won't drink from the bath but it's a possibility.

Most modern taps won't outlast the flexis - & that's saying something!

Does it matter than most flexis for baths say not suitable for drinking water I know most people won't drink from the bath but it's a possibility.

this threads all your fault, flexis not the flavour of the month in hospitals since its been proved they harbour legionellas and other bugs!

Fair point. But I bet no one removes them, in fact it's probably a warranty issue if you did. So there's no point pretending that we're not using them. We all do.

That's a bit of a daft comment. Why would you remove the flexi from a boiler. If it fails its boiler manufacturers problem.

I use flexis. I don't touch speedfit. We all have our own things that we do.

But talking about modifying an appliance because people don't like flexis even in a hypothetical sense is a bit silly

Useless statistic of the week:

For every 100m of copper tube we sell, we also sell 5.7 flexis.

That's a bit of a daft comment. Why would you remove the flexi from a boiler. If it fails its boiler manufacturers problem.

I use flexis. I don't touch speedfit. We all have our own things that we do.

But talking about modifying an appliance because people don't like flexis even in a hypothetical sense is a bit silly

Wasn't suggesting anyone should or would do it hypothetically or otherwise. That wasn't the point,. but whatever, each to their own.

When Ceramic 1/4 turn came out "They" said that would be the end of changing washers.
They were correct, it's the taps that now get changed because there are too many different and unknown types of Ceramic cartridge.

if you fit flexies that are not supplied with the tap because its quicker you are are not a real plumber man up and do it in copper you bunch of fanny's

that's why i'm not worried that i install flexi's. even brands like bristan are failing after a year or two now. change flexi's when you change taps, problem solved.

unless anyone genuinely suspects a resurgance in build quality for taps is due.

if you fit flexies that are not supplied with the tap because its quicker you are are not a real plumber man up and do it in copper you bunch of fanny's

Oh the "EGO POLICE" will be onto you when they see this

flexies are utter crap been caught out with one before when couldnt be bothered to spend an extra five mins piping a bath blew off months later and hardly used one since.

flexis for fudgewitts

hard pipe for professionals

I rarely do work where flexies can be used, but in my opinion the quality of the flexies must be rubbish if they fail at just a few bar pressure.

Maybe not as they are cutting our internet time here in Broadmoor:devil2:

wait a minute, you are in Broadmoor? What is this country coming to? Someone who should be doing time is allowed to be posting on the net? Probably allowed to visit adult sites as well. Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful.

wait a minute, you are in Broadmoor? What is this country coming to? Someone who should be doing time is allowed to be posting on the net? Probably allowed to visit adult sites as well. Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful.

maybe so but the flexi's in our washroom never leak though

inherently flexible pipes will fail, they are made of rubber which will perish long before copper and steel and although the fitter may no longer be trading when it fails, I feel that we should be using something designed to last the course of the building. thats the difference between tradesmen and diy in my opinion and as a tradesman I like to think my work will outlive me.

What's the live span of a fibre washer used to seal a copper 3/4 tap connector though?

Sadly they dont make those fibre washers to the same quality of old.
Sign of the times

Sorry what are flexis? You won't find them in my vans.

flexis are great and they're not just for taps you can use them for crossovers, 45s and anywhere you need a bend saves all that faffing about with a bender:rockon2:

We cover maintance for some rented houses that are only 5 years old and have had to change a few leaking fibre washers.

Plenty of ptfe tape over the new washer will make a good seal. Or only ptfe tape & no washer will be an everlasting job, but you need to use a lot of turns of tape, making it in a rope.
I have started using the 'rubber' flat washers made for some plastic tap connectors. Great for joining to plastic tailed ballvalves on toilets.

Or a pipe and olive - if it's designed to take it - with ptfe. How long is that going to last? Bloody eons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexis to pipe up bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My partner and I recently bought a house and have been attempting to make the bathroom less fugly. I was removing the bath and shower...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
Back