Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Floor standing cast iron radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ello guys.

i have a customer with a victorian house, very high end of the market.

prior to them owning it the previous owner had all of the cast iron rads removed.
now they want all the current ones changed back!

in the bay windows (8 of them) they want the rads spaced off the wall so they can run their floor length curtains around.

when ive installed them in the past i've had to fix stabilising bars to the wall which will defeat the object

i suggested using a single bar into the centre which looks a promising option.
I would much rather use two at each end.
im also looking into the hellishly expensive short 9 column radiators for the job.

so guy!
is there a brand with some sort of floor fixing kit?
and who do you buy your cast iron rads from?

Oh and. Iain...said i was aiming for the high end ;)

For two or 3 rads we suggest reclaim. If more than 3 get from merchant ÂŁ1200 each 14 to 28 days delivery. The feet have holes in them (hidden in ball foot) you will need to reinforce floor and run two steel angles 50mm 5mm drill holes in angle so it matches up with holes on rad. Locate rads, mark holes and drill, put dome head bolts on 10mm bar under the rad. Get under floor and bolt angle iron to underside of joists , use nylarlock nuts too. A penny washer will just rip through flooring as the rad 150kg topples on to a toddler! The angle irons need to run as long as possible, so minimum the length of the rad better if 300mm longer to catch lots I joists!

For two or 3 rads we suggest reclaim. If more than 3 get from merchant ÂŁ1200 each 14 to 28 days delivery. The feet have holes in them (hidden in ball foot) you will need to reinforce floor and run two steel angles 50mm 5mm drill holes in angle so it matches up with holes on rad. Locate rads, mark holes and drill, put dome head bolts on 10mm bar under the rad. Get under floor and bolt angle iron to underside of joists , use nylarlock nuts too. A penny washer will just rip through flooring as the rad 150kg topples on to a toddler! The angle irons need to run as long as possible, so minimum the length of the rad better if 300mm longer to catch lots I joists!

Which brand is that ermi?

id be making it up in an L shape to fix to the wall too

Think they were zenith or some thing like that will find out on Monday

I had 6 lovely cast iron rads ready to be stripped and re-sprayed. The pikeys had them away from round the back of my house, they will be getting a pair if 35"a to the head if they ever knock on the door for scrap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Floor standing cast iron radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock