Discuss Flue termination over next doors drive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Went to quote new combi for a combi and currently the flue terminates straight out horizontally over next doors drive. Is this allowed as long as neighbours don't find it a nuisance ??

Customer says neighbours are really nice and won't mind but just want to double check if it's allowed in the first place.

as long as it meets gas safe/mi's regs

I dont think you can, as an existing its ok , but a new one no, this falls under building regs, they may be good neighbours now but when they get sick of the plume !!! Well .
Somebody will confirm

When I first spotted it I thought hang on....

Relocation required then!

I dont think you can, as an existing its ok , but a new one no, this falls under building regs, they may be good neighbours now but when they get sick of the plume !!! Well .
Somebody will confirm

What happens if the neighbour decides to build a 2 story extension? This could put your customers in a potential dangerous situation. The regs are there for a reason.

What happens if the neighbour decides to build a 2 story extension? This could put your customers in a potential dangerous situation. The regs are there for a reason.

or they decide to sell up to a right grumpy git, then he calls building control on you for fitting a flue against regs?

No, it's not allowed, next door neighbour cannot allow you to break the building regs,

neighbours will probably not be so nice when the condense drips on the cars paintwork.

If the flue is already there, the neighbour can't build within 600mm of it.

Flues shouldnt terminate over or onto somebody elses property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue termination over next doors drive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock